Below are commonly used terms in DocStar: (listed in alphabetical order)
- Annotations – Actions, such as redaction, that you can add to your content using an electronic sticky note or comment without changing the original content.
- Capturing – Importing or scanning content.
- Content or Content Items – Objects such as documents, scanned or imported into DocStar.
- Content Type – Collections of metadata and settings applied to content items.
- Containers – Areas on the side bar of the main DocStar panel, such as Inboxes, where content is stored for easy access.
- OCR – Optical Character Recognition. DocStar provides a tool with which you can take advantage of OCR when scanning documents. OCR converts images of typed, handwritten or printed text into electronic format.
- Redaction – Pieces of the document you want to hide or black out when sending.
- Retrieval – Searching for objects in your system.